How Do You Live Knowing You're Going To Die?

Grimztone

Death Addict
Dec 22, 2016
USA
Live like you are dieing. of course. I barely have any savings and go on vacations. A lot. I do have a 401k and profit sharing when i retire. I will probably not retire for another 20 years. My wife and I buy want we what when we want it. She has the car of her dreams Honda CRV. I have the car of mine but am giving it to my daughter so she has no car payments and will be getting another car. probably a Subaru Crosstrek because i need something with good gas mileage. Other than that. We rent. Never bought a house. Paying for any metenance in advance is what i call it. When I retire we will probably buy our first house. Any questions?

Rosbie

Drawing Blood
Aug 27, 2019
Live like you are dieing. of course. I barely have any savings and go on vacations. A lot. I do have a 401k and profit sharing when i retire. I will probably not retire for another 20 years. My wife and I buy want we what when we want it. She has the car of her dreams Honda CRV. I have the car of mine but am giving it to my daughter so she has no car payments and will be getting another car. probably a Subaru Crosstrek because i need something with good gas mileage. Other than that. We rent. Never bought a house. Paying for any metenance in advance is what i call it. When I retire we will probably buy our first house. Any questions?
Nope! No questions. I think that's really cool, honestly. I've thought a lot about how long it takes to do anything in life when you do it the "safe" or "secure" way. That's great and all, but I go to sleep feeling like I can't breathe and I won't wake up. I don't want to wait and waste what I have. I waste enough time worrying about useless things already. I'm glad you're living the way that makes you happy! That's really awesome.

Dr Lecter

Death Addict
Mar 16, 2018
USA the greatest country on Earth!
Well I'm going to die so why not live and do all the fun, death defying shit I can? I mean if I live I get to have more fun doing crazy shit and if I die, well, I had fun doing so! For some reason the reminds me of a time in the military when I used my poncho as a parachute and tried flying from the 3rd deck of my barracks. You can fly, they said. Just fall and miss the ground they said. About 50ft, 80+mph wind and 3 freshly dented parked cars later I learned my friend's were assholes. Love those guys.

My biggest fear about dying is leaving my husband behind. I know that ghosts are real. I deal with them daily and I'm so afraid that my attachment to him will keep me here but not be able to interact with him. Second, what if I'm just forgotten? No kids, family already acts like I don't exist, and I'm disabled now so no work. I was a 4th degree Black Belt and instructor in TaeKwonDo and had hundreds of students so maybe I'll be remembered by some of them. I guess my biggest fear is to just stop existing if my faith in God has been misplaced. But, dude, if you sit and think about dying all the time, when are you going to live? We all die. Just live your life and the dying will take care of itself.
I was plagued by the paranormal when I was younger. That s*** is crazy. I'm not religious, but I know there are spirits. Demons.

I fucked off the last better part of ten years of my life drinking and doing drugs, I wasn't really there for my son a whole lot. He is now 10 years old, and my relationship with him is stronger than ever because I have been sober for a year and a half. I see him more, we embrace each other strongly. My Life, is not about me.. I'm a part of a bigger picture, and that's my son's life. I'm just on autopilot, staying sober and doing what I need to do..weld/get $, and provide for my boy. I've made the choice to live sober and be a good man for him. If something happened to him, and I lost him... I'm certain I'd take my own life. I'd fall right back down to addiction, and homelessness and that it's self is worse than death. I live for my son. Love you Hayden! :redheart: