Potential Role for Members

GotRope?

Some Fucking Loser.
Feb 22, 2019
Austin, Texas
Short version: The site got sold to someone who was a complete disaster and then some of the staff here started engaging in very shady activities, then the site changed hands again and the new owner, whose whereabouts are unknown at this time, did away with the entire staff team.

Long version: DA is going through some changes.
Why does that remind me of what happened with encyclopedia dramadica bullshit with zaiger. Scamming money for drugs from users and ads out the asshole.

Squid Jones

El Guapo
VIP
Feb 2, 2017
A glass house
I agree @Perfectcrime would be a good choice. She's on here a lot and has been here for quite awhile. And I think she's a person who could be trusted to not go around deleting shit for unjust reasons.

But you can't just throw someone in there as a mod with no idea what they're doing. Gotta have somebody who knows the ins and outs to train them.

And none of that means anything if the only person who can make a mod isn't around.

And yes, you can simply block spammers by putting them on "ignore." But that only works on an individual level. If you or I put a spammer on ignore, that does nothing to stop them from fucking up the property value of this place. It'll still be seen by everyone else as "That one joke of a site that's overrun by spammers/trolls."

I agree @Perfectcrime would be a good choice. She's on here a lot and has been here for quite awhile. And I think she's a person who could be trusted to not go around deleting shit for unjust reasons.

But you can't just throw someone in there as a mod with no idea what they're doing. Gotta have somebody who knows the ins and outs to train them.

And none of that means anything if the only person who can make a mod isn't around.

And yes, you can simply block spammers by putting them on "ignore." But that only works on an individual level. If you or I put a spammer on ignore, that does nothing to stop them from fucking up the property value of this place. It'll still be seen by everyone else as "That one joke of a site that's overrun by spammers/trolls."
tag on that